There was an error in this gadget

St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Friday, March 27, 2009

March 26th

Salaam to all,

The flute school has been up and running for almost a week. I have 5 different classes I am teaching on the flute. I have the 9 orphan girls, 20 6th graders that take the class on different days and 12 adults that also take classes on different days.

My schedule for flute is:

Monday - Friday 1-2pm orphan girls
Monday, Wed, Friday 4:30-5:30pm, adult class A
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 4:30-5:30, adult class B, Saturday class is at 11am
Monday and Wednesday, 6th grade group A
Tuesday and Thursday, 6th grade B

Then inbetween these classes I am teaching 12 general music classes with 50-60 students each. It is a lot of children. The school is grades K-8, but I only teach grades 1-6 in music because in Ethiopia when the student starts the 7th grade music is considered an elective and these students have to take 8 classes, so there is absolutely no room in their daily work to have a music class. The total number of children in this school is almost 1,000 students.
In addition to this work I am also teaching a private voice lesson and flute lessons to the music teacher at St Lucy's school.

Will update more later, have to scoot.

Love,
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment