St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Friday, March 27, 2009

March 26th

Salaam to all,

The flute school has been up and running for almost a week. I have 5 different classes I am teaching on the flute. I have the 9 orphan girls, 20 6th graders that take the class on different days and 12 adults that also take classes on different days.

My schedule for flute is:

Monday - Friday 1-2pm orphan girls
Monday, Wed, Friday 4:30-5:30pm, adult class A
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 4:30-5:30, adult class B, Saturday class is at 11am
Monday and Wednesday, 6th grade group A
Tuesday and Thursday, 6th grade B

Then inbetween these classes I am teaching 12 general music classes with 50-60 students each. It is a lot of children. The school is grades K-8, but I only teach grades 1-6 in music because in Ethiopia when the student starts the 7th grade music is considered an elective and these students have to take 8 classes, so there is absolutely no room in their daily work to have a music class. The total number of children in this school is almost 1,000 students.
In addition to this work I am also teaching a private voice lesson and flute lessons to the music teacher at St Lucy's school.

Will update more later, have to scoot.

Love,
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment