St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flutes are packed

March 10, 2009

Thank you to all who were so kind to donate the flutes. I will posts pictures of the new owners when I get to the orphanaged. I received 10 flutes and of the 10, 6 of them were in need of some minor repair. I managed to get 2 repaired out of the funds received for the trip but it was too costly to repair the other 4. I was very worried that I was only going to be able to take 6 flutes with me. But then I got lucky and was introduced to a gal that is studying to become a repair technician and of the 4, she repaired 2 and repaired them into excellent condition. The school where she studies instrument repair learned of my trip and then donated 1 of their flutes which is also in excellent condition. This allows me to take 9 flutes with me to Ethiopia. I am so grateful to all of you to be able to have 9 flutes that are in excellent condition for these children. They are packed with my theory books, rhythm books, flute repertoire, song books, hymnal, and music stands. I still need alcohol swabs, cleaning clothes and tuning rods (5 more tuning rods) to be sent to the school. If anyone can do this it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me via email for the address.
Thank you,
Celine-Marie

2 comments: