St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello Everyone,
I finally got on the internet to send you my blog from my Saesie trip. It was a blast, I hope you take time to read my blog.

Yesterday was the ordination of the priests-The flute students performed for it and everyone loved it-especially the Bishop.

The flute students have now graduated to the intermediate level, they are doing fantastic and so ready to take on more work.

Tomorrow morning i will have one student Biyon from grade 6A sing the English song "You Gotta Sing", the flute students will perform and I will perform too at the international school. Biyon, and 3 other flute students will share with the students at the intl school their experience they have recievced from learning English songs and the flute with me. We are all excited to have this opportunity. Then at the end of the week the flute students and I will again perform for St. Lucy's school parent's day.

The ordination was amazing. I have become very good friends with the deacons who are now priests. I cried when they took their vows to become a priest. What an honor it is to know these special people. When I performed for them I sang from the bottom of my heart. Not only are they my good friends but they are taking on a lifetime of such a service and vocation it really puts me in awe for them. I ask all of you to please pray for the new Abba Hagos, Abba Hagos, and Abba Negasi.

I tried to get Seyoum to take a video of the students performing but he didn't understand how to do that, so i will have to make sure I take a video of them playing tomorrow and them sharing their experiences. I will send all of that to all of you.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will send more emails very soon.
Love,
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment