St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Long Week

July 9, 2011
What a long week:
I’m tired. This week has been a struggle. I’ve given private lessons. There are several students who are not practicing. I couldn’t even get passed the tone exercises just because they needed so much attention. It was frustrating.

Their teaching skills have been exceptional though. All the beginning students are doing very well. These advanced flute students are very good at teaching. I guess this is a product from my teaching, it is reflecting in their teaching. But I’m constantly telling my advanced students, “if you play wrong, learn wrong, what are you going to do?” They answer me, “Teach wrong”. They know what to do it’s just a matter of getting some of these students to practice more.

No comments:

Post a Comment