St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Progress!

Dear Family and Friends,
I am in my second week here in Adigrat. Things are going fine. It is exam time for the students and so I cannot spend as much time with them as I have in the past. I only spend my teaching time on the flute students. Which by the way are doing fantastic. I can't believe their progress. In one week they have moved to new music. They have become sight reading feens and I am so very proud of them. I continue to give them my curriculum and I believe I won't need to come back here for sometime becuase of their successful progress. it is that good!!!
I'm doing fine. Today I go with Sr. Mary to a village called Gola. I will help her teach English songs to the students there and I will also help her with the child-headed household students she is working with. They are getting ready to open up a restaurant and we have decided to have them sell something entirely different in Ethiopia. They are going to make and sell panini's and french fries. I believe this will give them more attention and business than any other restuaruant in Adigrat.
The only sad thing I have right now is that I cannot spend my time with the beautfiul children of St. Lucy's school. So many of them come to me and ask why I'm not coming to their classroom to teach them more English and songs. I have to tell them that their director wants them to only focus on their exams. I respect this and I can't wait for exams to be over with so I can play with these children again.
i hope all is well in America. Things are going ok with the election in Ethiopia. To hear more about it go to BBC as they are broadcasting the election. So far no problems in Adigrat. Thank you all for your prayers.
Love to everyone. I miss all of you very much.
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment