St. Lucy Flute School

St. Lucy  Flute School
Class of 2009

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meeting with the Dean, Dr. Gebreyesus Teklu

July 12, 2011
Headed back to Mekelle
I received a call from Gizachew to come back to Mekelle so I can meet the Dean. I called Gebremedhin to see if he could help me. He wasn’t in the service area and then his phone was switched off. The sisters were going on retreat and for me to go to Mekelle is the best time. Seyoum is in Mekelle and so I couldn’t ask for his help. I finally got a hold of Gebremedhin.

Gebremedhin was in Saessie. This is where his family is from. His cousin was hit by a car and killed on the 10th. He went to comfort his aunt and spend time with his family. I shared I needed to go to Mekelle and does he know of anyone who can help me. He said he would come back to Adigrat to help me get to Mekelle. I didn’t want him to come because of his business with his family but he insisted.

Later that afternoon the rain came. The storms of Africa are something to see. Sheets upon sheets of rain fall in July. Then hail came. The thunder clouds crashed and banged for hours. Everything became soaked. Water was evening running in our rooms. We had to mop it out and Sr. Mary and I spent the evening cleaning up after the storm. It was a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment